Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Story Behind Ruler Apparel

When working at a daycare in the summer of 2009 I noticed a girl that was about 6" taller then her peers. Every time the kids would pick teams for different games (excluding basketball) such as foursquare, kickball, or tag they would pick her last or not pick her at all. One day after not being picked I overheard her ask the other kids "why can't I play whats wrong with me?" and one kid replied "because your too tall". Being 6' 5" myself needless to say I was disappointed, this could affect her self-esteem for years to come. Height is a beautiful thing that should be celebrated not condemned. So I decided to create a clothing line that celebrates height, with creative graphic designs that emphasises on the positive things about being a Tall Man, Women or Child!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awe... I was that tall girl in elementary school. By the time I got to high school, I embraced it and loved it! I think it's great what you're doing. You have my support. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete